Prattville, AL Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in an automobile accident in Prattville, AL, committed and well documented auto accident lawyer Frank M. Wilson can represent you, protect your rights, and take on the insurance company to recover the compensation you are entitled to. With over three decades of experience in settling and litigating auto accident claims, attorney Frank M. Wilson is best suited to handle your claim and can get results that most others cannot.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Prattville, AL
Factors that contribute to auto accidents in Prattville, AL include:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Failing to yield the right of way to other motorists
- Defective automobile parts
- Dangerous road conditions
Apart from this, the sheer volume of traffic on Prattville’s roadways also plays a role in increasing the risk of automobile accidents. Cobbs Ford Road, East Main Street, West Main Street, and Memorial Drive have the highest volume of traffic and always tend to be congested. Particularly, the intersection of Main Street and Memorial Drive is heavily congested, as a large volume of the city’s traffic is directed into it.
Navigating these congested intersections and roads is not easy and takes a lot of skill and patience on the motorists’ part. Unfortunately, many motorists tend to be careless and break traffic rules with impunity, which is why auto accidents happen with alarming regularity in this part of the state.
What Should You Do If You Are Injured in an Auto Accident in Prattville, AL?
If you are injured in an auto accident, you should follow this nine-step guide to increase your chances of recovering the maximum amount of settlement from the at-fault party.
- Get medical help as soon as possible. Even if you believe you are feeling fine, it is best to get yourself checked-up by a qualified medical professional and keep a record of your visit to the ER or a doctor’s office.
- Call the police and file a report.
- Get the at-fault driver’s name, address, phone number, driver’s license, and insurance details.
- Do not say ‘sorry’, ‘my bad’, ‘I guess I should have been more careful’, ‘I didn’t see you coming’ or anything else to the at-fault driver – or anyone else at the accident scene for that matter – as it could be construed as an admission of guilt or fault.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. Particularly, take as many pictures as you can of your injuries, your vehicle, damaged personal belongings, and the at-fault driver’s vehicle.
- Talk to other motorists, bystanders, and others who might have witnessed the accident and get their contact information.
- Call our law firm and talk to one of our Prattville, AL auto accident lawyers. We will tell you what you should do and more importantly, what you should not do.
- Do not talk to anyone from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Let your lawyer do all the talking.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions and do not talk to anyone – including your friends and followers on social media – about your injuries. The only people you should be discussing your injuries with are your doctor and your lawyer.
Why It Is Important to Hire an Experienced Prattville, AL Auto Accident Lawyer to Handle Your Claim
Alabama is among the handful of states that still follow the archaic legal doctrine of contributory negligence. Under the doctrine, you can be barred from recovering compensatory damages from the at-fault party if you are found to have contributed to the accident – even by 1%.
Knowing this, the at-fault party might claim that you were negligent in your own way and that your own actions contributed to the accident. In such a situation, unless you are represented by a seasoned lawyer who can clearly establish the at-fault party’s liability with evidence, you might not be able to recover damages at all.
How Our Prattville, AL Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help You
We will launch a thorough investigation into your case and seek the assistance of accident reconstruction experts, forensic pathologists, and other experts to find out exactly how the accident happened and who can be held liable.
Once we determine who can be held liable, we will begin gathering the evidence needed to prove their fault and liability. We will review your medical records, talk to medical professionals, rehabilitation experts, and vocational experts to figure out the extent of your injuries and financial losses. Based on the data, we will determine the value of your claim.
Once we have all the evidence we need, we will negotiate aggressively with the insurance adjuster to get the best settlement offer possible. Nine out of ten times, we will be able to settle your claim. If it’s not possible, we will take your case to trial and fight relentlessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
Choose the Most Trusted Prattville, AL Auto Accident Lawyer to Fight for You
Seasoned attorney Frank M. Wilson has been fighting for the rights of auto accident victims in Alabama for more than 30 years. A member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and the Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Mr. Wilson is uniquely qualified to handle auto accident claims.
If you have been injured or have lost a family member in an auto accident, attorney Frank M. Wilson and his team are ready to fight for you and get you the compensation you deserve.
Call our firm today at 334-420-2931 or write to us online and schedule a free consultation with our reputable Prattville, AL auto accident lawyer.