Car Accident Lawyers in Selma, Alabama
When you or someone you love gets injured in an automobile accident in Selma, AL, it is natural that you would be worried about meeting the mounting costs associated with your treatment and rehabilitation. These costs can add up quickly, especially if your injuries are serious in nature and require you to stay in the hospital for several days or even weeks.
Under Alabama law, you have the right to sue the party that caused the accident and seek compensation for your injuries and other losses. The accomplished auto accident attorneys at the law office of Frank M. Wilson can represent you, hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions, and fight hard to recover the compensatory damages you are entitled to.
Led by award-winning civil litigator Frank M. Wilson – who is a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers – our team is best equipped to handle auto accident claims and can get results that most other firms cannot.
Causes behind the High Rate of Auto Accidents in Selma, AL
A vast majority of car accidents in Selma, AL are caused by factors that are entirely preventable. These include:
Driving under the Influence
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a major contributing factor to automobile accidents in Alabama. Data shows that nearly 50% of all fatal crashes involve a drunk driver. Also, 55% of all DUI accidents are caused by drivers between the ages of 20 and 39.
Experts say that a distracted driver is 23 times more likely to get into an accident compared to a non-distracted driver. The most common activities that can distract a driver include:
- Talking on the phone
- Talking to passengers
- Eating and drinking
- Watching a video
Speeding is one of the biggest contributing factors to fatal automobile accidents in Alabama. Studies show that the risk of fatal injuries is extremely high in high-speed collisions – regardless of other factors.
Apart from this, there are other contributing factors that a driver might not be able to control. These include:
- Defective parts
- Poor road conditions
- Inclement weather
Some dangerous intersections to watch out for in the Selma, AL area include:
- US Highway 80 and E. Highland Ave
- US Highway 80 and Landline Rd
- Cr Hill Rd and West Dallas Ave (near Sunset Mill Village)
- Landline Rd and Dallas County Rd 44
Injuries That Commonly Occur in Selma, AL Car Crashes
The most common types of injuries that can land an auto accident victim at Vaughn Regional or another area medical facility include:
- Cuts, abrasions, and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Neck injuries
- Chest injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Burn injuries
Who Can Be Held Liable for an Automobile Accident in Selma, AL?
Depending on the factors that contributed to the accident, the following parties can be held liable.
- The other driver (if the accident was caused as a result of their negligence or recklessness)
- The other driver’s employer (if the accident was caused by a commercial truck driver or a rental service driver)
- The cargo loader (if the accident was caused as a result of overloaded, unevenly loaded, or unsecured cargo)
- The auto component manufacturer (if the accident was caused as a result of a defective part)
- The government agency responsible for maintaining the road (if the accident was caused due to poor road conditions)
What to Do After Your Car Accident in Selma, AL?
Report the Accident
Call the police and file a report – without overstating or hiding any information. The police report is one of the key documents that your auto accident attorney can use to build their case against the at-fault party.
Document the Accident Scene
Take photos of your injuries, damage to your personal belongings, damage to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, skid marks, broken pieces of glass, and the accident scene.
Get the Other Driver’s Information
Get the other driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance policy number, and driver’s license and plate number.
Get Witness Information
If there are people who witnessed the accident, make sure you get their names, address, and phone number.
Get Medical Help
Get to the hospital as soon as you can and get treated for your injuries.
Consult with a Trusted Selma, AL Personal Injury Attorney
It’s vital for you to get in touch with a Selma, AL auto accident attorney from the law office of Frank M. Wilson as soon as you can after the accident. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start building a case against the at-fault parties and take the necessary steps to recover compensation from them.
How Our Selma, AL Auto Accident Attorneys Can Help You?
Once you hire an attorney from our firm to represent you, our legal team will get to work and take the necessary steps to build a strong case against the at-fault parties. These steps include:
- Investigating and examining the circumstances under which the accident happened to determine who can be held liable for your injuries.
- Working with medical professionals, vocational experts, rehabilitation professionals, and other experts to determine the extent of economic and non-economic losses you suffered in the accident.
- Gathering all the evidence required to prove how the accident happened, to establish the liability of the at-fault parties, and to prove the extent of your injuries and other losses.
- Communicating with the at-fault party’s lawyer, claims adjustor, and other parties involved in the claim.
- Preparing the necessary counterarguments and gathering the evidence needed to disprove the at-fault party’s claims about your responsibility for the accident.
- Negotiating with the claims adjustor to obtain a settlement.
- Representing you in court (if your case goes to trial).
Injured in an Auto Accident in Selma, AL? Get the Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer Frank M. Wilson on Your Side
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, contact the auto accident attorneys at the law office of Frank M. Wilson for immediate legal assistance and guidance. We can take steps to recover compensation from the at-fault parties while protecting your rights and interests.
Our legal team is led by Frank M. Wilson – one of the most experienced and highly accomplished personal injury attorneys in the state. A recipient of the prestigious AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Frank M. Wilson is held in high regard by his peers as well as clients.
As a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and the Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Frank M. Wilson is uniquely qualified to handle auto accident claims and can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
To discuss your claim with one of our Selma, AL auto accident attorneys, call us today at 334-420-2931 or contact us online and schedule a free consultation.