Union Springs, AL Personal Injury Lawyer
When an injury occurs in Union Springs, Alabama, you’re probably going to spend some time in Bullock County Hospital. You and your family are likely to go through significant physical, emotional, and financial hardships. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident in Alabama that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to initiate a lawsuit against them and recover compensation for your damages.
At the law office of Frank M. Wilson, our Union Springs, AL personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping accident victims obtain compensation for any injuries they may have suffered as a result of disregard or carelessness of another party.
With over 30 years of experience in trial, litigation, and arbitration involving several different areas of law ranging from complex matters to basic disputes, we have recovered more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We have the knowledge and resources to do what it takes to get you the justice and compensation you deserve in a personal injury case in Union Springs, AL.
What Kind of Damages are Recoverable in Personal Injury Cases?
Every case is different because no two accident victims are injured in the same way, even if they have both been involved in the same vehicle collision. In general, in a personal injury case, victims can seek financial damages for the following:
- Medical and hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment
At the law office of Frank M. Wilson, we focus on maximizing compensation for every client. Our first goal is to help you obtain your rightful settlement through negotiations with the negligent party and their insurers. However, should your case go to trial, our legal team knows how to handle the proceedings, advocate vigorously on your behalf, and protect your rights under the law.
The Law of Contributory Negligence in Union Springs, Alabama
Generally speaking, when someone sustains an injury as a result of another party’s negligence, they are legally entitled to receive monetary damages to cover their losses. In Alabama, the law of “contributory negligence” is applied, which can sometimes make matters more complicated for victims.
According to this rule, if it’s found that the accident victim “contributed” to their own bodily injuries or was partly responsible for the accident in any way, they cannot recover any financial compensation. In other words, even if the other party was 99% responsible for your injuries, but they manage to prove that you were 1% at fault, you may be barred from recovering compensation.
This is why consulting our Union Springs, AL personal injury attorneys is so pivotal in accident cases. The moment you contact our legal team and get us to represent you, we will swing into action immediately to gather evidence, build a strong case to establish 100% negligence of the at-fault party, and fight hard to obtain the maximum possible compensation on your behalf.
Is there a Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Lawsuits in Alabama?
In Union Springs, Alabama, you have generally two years from the date of the underlying accident or event to file a civil lawsuit against another party. This includes vehicle accidents, defective products, slip and fall accidents, and various other kinds of personal injury cases.
How the Personal Injury Attorneys at Frank M. Wilson Can Help You
We have decades of experience in ensuring that our clients receive fair compensation following a personal injury, to help them heal in peace without worrying about financial struggles due to medical bills and loss of income. Here are just a few types of cases our Union Springs, AL personal injury attorneys handle:
- Car Accidents: If you or someone you love has suffered harm in a car collision that was caused by another driver’s negligence, we can help. This also includes ridesharing car accidents.
- Truck Accidents: We represent pedestrians, passengers, motorists, and truckers who suffer property loss, injury, and even death in tractor-trailer accidents.
- Train or Railroad Crossing Accidents: A derailed train can lead to massive damage and even death in many cases. We have handled and won cases against major transportation and rail companies in the US.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Innocent pedestrians who were hit by a bus, truck, car, or bike usually suffer life-threatening injuries. If you are going through the same experience, we can help you hold the driver legally responsible.
- Bus Accidents: If you were in a bus accident that was caused by a careless motorist or a bus driver, we will be happy to help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Dog Bites: When a dog or other animal bites or seriously injures someone, we can hold the negligent owner legally responsible.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can sometimes lead to broken bones and debilitating injuries. If you slip and fell in a place of business or someone else’s property, contact us for a legal consultation.
- Defective Product Injuries: We have represented victims of several different kinds of defective products that led to grave injuries, such as medications, medical devices, machinery, airbags, household products, and more.
- Wrongful Death: Sometimes, the negligence of a person, entity, or business can result in the death of someone else. We are here to make sure the responsible party pays for their failure.
We Only Get Paid When You Win Financial Compensation
At the law office of Frank M. Wilson, we are a contingency fee-based firm. This means that you don’t need to pay a penny upfront and we only get paid if we win your case and you recover financial compensation.
We believe that you deserve the right to have a skilled attorney on your side that has the experience and skills to obtain justice on your behalf. Our successful track record with a variety of personal injury cases in Union Springs, Alabama gives our clients confidence and assurance knowing that their case is in good hands.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with the Law Offices of Frank M. Wilson
If you or someone you love has sustained injuries (or worse) in an accident, reach out to a firm that will fight hard to protect your legal rights. Set up a free consultation and case assessment by calling our office at (334) 420-2931 or sending us a message online.