Catastrophic Injuries in Montgomery, AL
The legal team at Frank Wilson, Attorney at Law handles all types of personal injury claims involving catastrophic accidents and injuries. If your accident was caused by the carelessness or negligence of another party, you have the right to pursue financial relief for the past and future consequences of your injuries.
If you or someone you care about has been injured or you’ve lost a loved one due to a serious car accident, truck crash, boating accident, or an encounter with a defective product that resulted in a catastrophic injury, we can help. The sooner you contact us after the accident, the faster we can begin protecting your interests. Call our Montgomery, AL catastrophic injury team today to schedule your free consultation.
How Do Catastrophic Injuries Occur?
Some injuries are more severe than others. A minor slip and fall or a fender bender can cause bruising or a small fracture. But a fall from a tall height or a multi-car collision can lead to much more serious and even catastrophic injuries.
Accidents, by their nature, aren’t planned events. But, when they do happen, it’s often because someone made a mistake. This could be a driver that was acting carelessly, a property owner that didn’t fix a hazard or a product manufacturer that allowed a defect to pass into the customer’s hands.
Some of the most common causes of serious accidents in Montgomery, AL include:
- Car accidents– reckless driving, DUI, speeding
- Truck accidents– DUI, drowsy driving, reckless driving
- Boating accidents– DUI, reckless driving, inexperienced operation, equipment failure
- Defective products– Faulty machinery, poor maintenance, defective design
- Dangerous premises– hazardous walkways, swimming pool accidents, animal attacks
Catastrophic Injuries That Often Result from Serious Accidents
The circumstances of an accident will often determine the extent of the injuries that a victim will suffer. Other factors that can come into play include the victim’s general fitness level and age, among many others.
If you’ve been seriously injured, you may need to undergo surgery, have lengthy hospital stays, and other expensive and time-consuming treatments. Accidents can result in a variety of severe injuries, and some of the most common include:
- Brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can be life-altering. The potential effects of a TBI include loss of motor functions, cognitive functions, hearing, vision, or speech. This can impact your ability to work as well as your enjoyment of life and other relationships.
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the back, neck and spinal cord are commonly associated with car and truck accidents as well as serious falls. The long-term effects can include chronic pain, loss of mobility, loss of sensation, and paralysis.
- Paralysis injuries. When your body’s central nervous system is damaged, the result could be loss of bodily functions and mobility. This will surely impact just about every area of your life.
- The loss of a limb from a traumatic accident will undoubtedly impact your life in many ways. If another party was responsible, they should be held financially accountable.
- Burn injuries. Burn injuries from car accidents, fires, and defective equipment are painful, can require prolonged medical treatment, and might result in permanent limitations.
- Eye injuries. A serious injury can lead to life-altering damage to your eyesight, which impacts your ability to drive, work, and enjoy the same quality of life.
- Facial injuries. Facial injuries can not only be painful, but the potential disfigurement can also leave victims with emotional trauma that will last a lifetime.
- Internal injuries. Internal injuries from serious accidents can be incredibly difficult to identify and treat. Many of these injuries require extensive healing time.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. If you’ve gone through a traumatic event such as a serious accident, there is a chance that you will develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Even if PTSD is evident immediately, you may be eligible for compensation.
Compensation in Serious Accident Cases
If you or a loved one have suffered a catastrophic injury from a serious accident in Montgomery, AL, you may be offered a quick settlement by the insurance company. It’s vital that you avoid signing or saying anything until you have talked to an experienced accident attorney.
Your injuries could be more serious than you first think, and you run the risk of shortchanging yourself by accepting less money than your case is worth. If an insurance company is ready to settle quickly, there’s usually a reason.
When another party was responsible for your accident, you have the right to claim recovery for a variety of damages, which can be significant. These include:
- Compensation for medical care related to your injuries for the rest of your life
- The cost of modifying your home to accommodate any permanent disability
- Lost wages, including the value of lost earning capacity
- The cost of hiring in-home help
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for the loss of quality of life
We handle all personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, advancing all the costs required to prove your case. You pay us nothing until your case comes to a successful conclusion with an award for damages.
Contact a Skilled and Knowledgeable Montgomery, AL Catastrophic Injury Attorney
The success of your personal injury claim requires a law firm with the resources and proven ability to bring a case to successful completion. Frank Wilson, Attorney at Law has extensive experience representing the interests of injured victims and their loved ones.
We have a strong track record of helping clients get fair compensation for the many consequences, past and future, of suffering a severe and catastrophic injury from a serious accident. We work hard to get our clients the maximum compensation they deserve from every available source.
The time right after an accident is stressful enough, and our goal is to relieve some of your burdens and concerns. Our legal team tailors its services to meet your particular needs, so we want to learn as much as possible about your accident and current circumstances.
Call our office today or reach out to us online to schedule your free consultation.