Truck Accident Attorney in Montgomery, Alabama
A truck accident can occur in the blink of an eye. Although any traffic accident has the potential to cause serious injuries to drivers and passengers, a collision with a large truck that can weigh 40 tons or more is much more likely to result in catastrophic harm to those involved. The results of such a devastating collision can include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Bone fractures
- Organ damage
- Tissue and nerve damage
Another major difference between a truck accident and a collision between two passenger vehicles is the law. A large number of state and federal laws control the trucking industry and truck companies employ powerful truck accident lawyers in Alabama to protect their interests. For the average injury victim, interpreting rules and regulations and battling these truck accident attorneys is beyond the capability of a person untrained in the law.
That is why you need representation from a lawyer who knows the industry and knows how to get results. Frank M. Wilson, has a record of success taking on the trucking industry and defending the rights of seriously injured clients. We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation of your truck accident, discover the liable parties and hold them accountable.
A truck accident attorney in Montgomery who knows how to find the cause
The size of a large truck makes it a dangerous object on any roadway. Some of the most common truck accidents include the following:
- Braking: Trucks require a much longer than average stopping distance and as a result they are involved in many rear-end collisions. A semi-truck accident can also be caused by malfunctioning brakes or improper braking technique by a truck driver.
- Debris on the highway
- Driving when tired or near sleep
- Driving recklessly and/or fast
- Improper distribution of weight in the freight container
- Inadequate driver training
- Lack of diligence in addressing safety concerns
- Driver compensation that encourages faster driving
- Drivers expected to handle more hours of consecutive vehicle operation than is safe
- Delivery schedules that encourage drivers to overlook safety factors
- Improper conspicuity markings
Frank M. Wilson, has its own investigative capabilities to determine the actual cause of a trucking accident. Experience in handling serious injury cases resulting from a tractor-trailer collision helps our attorneys assess your case and uncover the necessary evidence to prevail either through negotiated settlement or jury verdict.
Common unsafe acts of car drivers near large trucks include:
- Driving in the blind spot of a truck: Due to their size, trucks have enormous blind spots (also called no-zone areas). A quick rule of thumb for keeping out of a no-zone is if you cannot see the truck driver in his or her mirror, then he or she likely cannot see you.
- Turning accidents: Large trucks have an extremely wide turning radius. When making turns, a truck can endanger those around it by trapping a vehicle between it and a curb or colliding with a vehicle in a blind spot.
- Sudden lane changes in front of a truck
- Sudden braking in front of a truck
- Passing a truck on the right
- Misjudging an oncoming truck’s speed
- Driving between large trucks
Any of these acts can result in a trucking accident in Alabama with dire consequences for the victims. And even if an Alabama trucking accident is not the trucker’s fault, the involvement of a large truck should always be thoroughly investigated for negligence or unsafe operation. To begin pursuing legal action for such a case, it is important to consult with an Alabama 18-wheeler accident lawyer.
Equipment failures cause tractor-trailer accidents
Tractor-trailer accident attorneys in Montgomery County of Frank M. Wilson, are aware that operators and fleet managers are under pressure to meet business demands. They sometimes neglect to ensure that each semi truck is adequately serviced and maintained. This can lead to problems with truck systems, including:
- Worn tires
- Braking problems
- Inadequate lighting
- Engine problems
If neglected, any of these factors can lead to an 18-wheeler accident causing brain or spinal cord injury or wrongful death. A semi truck accident lawyer in Montgomery County can help bring the facts about the causes of an accident to light in court.
Small mistakes, large consequences—advice from a semi truck accident attorney in Montgomery
Aggressive 18-wheeler trucks seem to dominate roadways that are occupied mostly by small private passenger vehicles. On major highways at higher speeds, even small mistakes on the part of a commercial driver can lead to disaster. What might be a small accident between passenger cars can become a major accident when a tractor-trailer is involved. As a truck accident lawyer, Frank M. Wilson knows that there are many trucking accidents that can be attributed to the fault of the truck driver and the trucking company.
Contact a truck accident attorney in Montgomery County
You’ll never know what factors may have contributed to an accident injury unless you seek expert help from experienced Montgomery truck accident lawyers. The law office of Frank M. Wilson is always available for a free, expert consultation. You can call our office toll free at 888.366.5732 or at 334.649.7106. You can also contact us online.
The law office of Frank M. Wilson, proudly serves Montgomery, Alabama