Union Springs, AL Auto Accidents Lawyers
Many people believe that auto accidents are more common in large, bustling cities. The truth, however, is that people in Union Springs like to speed along rt. 82, Martin Luther King Blvd, and even on South Prairie Street.
At the Law Office of Frank M. Wilson, we have more than three decades of combined legal experience in handling auto accident claims and have recovered millions in monetary compensation for our clients. We have an in-depth understanding of Alabama’s personal injury laws and have the resources and connections needed to handle complex auto accident claims that most other firms might refuse to take on.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, we can represent you and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Car Accidents:
The most common causes of vehicular accidents in Union Springs include:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Turning or changing lanes without signaling
- Defective parts in vehicles
- Failing to check blind spots (one of the most common causes of accidents involving commercial trucks and passenger vehicles)
Common Injuries That Can Result from a Union Springs, AL Auto Accident
- Injuries to tendons, cartilages, and ligaments
- Broken bones
- Whiplash injuries
- Injuries to the face
- Injuries to the chest and ribs
- Traumatic amputation resulting in the loss of limbs
- Crush injuries
- Burn injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Traumatic brain injuries
The severity of injuries largely depends on the type the accident and the speed at which the vehicles collide with each other. For instance, head-on collisions, side-impact collisions, and rollover accidents tend to result in extremely serious and life-threatening injuries.
In some cases, even single vehicle accidents – where a motorist accidentally hits an animal, debris, or any stationary object on their path – can result in serious injuries – if the vehicle in question veers off the road and crashes into another vehicle or rolls over due to the impact.
Fortunately, if you are seriously injured in an auto accident, you can get the treatment and medical care you need right here at the Bullock County Hospital on West Conecuh Avenue.
Damages You Can Recover in a Union Springs, AL Car Accident Claim
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Estimated cost of medical care you might need in the future (if you fail to make a full recovery or achieve maximum medical improvement by the time the claim is resolved)
- Cost of physical rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
The estimated cost of repairing your car and other personal items damaged in the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability
- Permanent disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
Depending on the circumstances, you might be awarded punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. Under Alabama law, punitive damages are to be awarded only in cases where the defendant is found to have engaged in oppression, fraud, wantonness, or malice.
For instance, if the at-fault driver was extremely drunk at the time of the accident and if their BAC was significantly higher than the legally permissible limit, your lawyer might be able to make the argument that the driver acted recklessly without any regard for the safety of others. In which case, you might be awarded punitive damages.
The maximum amount of punitive damages that can be awarded in an auto accident claim – or any tort claim for that matter – is $1.5 million. There is no such cap on the amount of compensatory damages that can be awarded to the victim.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim in Union Springs, AL
If you are injured in an auto accident in Union Springs, AL, you have two years – starting from the date on which the accident happened – to bring a claim against the at-fault party.
How Our Union Springs, AL Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Once you choose our law firm to represent you, we will:
- Investigate your accident and find out how it happened, the factors that contributed to it, and who can be held liable for your injuries.
- Gather the evidence needed to establish the fault and liability of the other party.
- Provide a lien letter to healthcare providers and make sure you get the treatment and care you need without having to pay for it right away.
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement.
- Take your case to trial if needed and recover damages.
Injured in an Auto Accident in Union Springs, AL? Our Lawyers Will Fight to Maximize Your Compensation
At the Law Office of Frank M. Wilson, we have a track record of handling complex auto accident claims and recovering substantial damages for our clients. Our founder, Frank M. Wilson, is a highly rated civil litigator with over 30 years of experience in handling a wide range of tort claims. He has been through the legal trenches more than once.
A member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and Attorneys Information Exchange Group, attorney Frank Wilson is uniquely qualified to handle auto accident claims. Call our law firm today at 334-420-2931 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation with a seasoned Union Springs, AL auto accident lawyer.